My rant blog.
I like ranting.
Noone's listening anyway.

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Junior.


22.04.2013

I had just finished studying a chapter for my ADR exam due in the afternoon that day. I had stayed up the whole night. I went out of my room to take a small stroll in the corridors of the hostel. The birds had just begun chirping, daylight not yet fully broke. It was 6 AM. It was then that I saw her. Her door was wide open. Her lights still switched on. And there she was, lying on her bed, fast asleep, her blanket covering her up to her neck, her face pointed downwards, and her body held close in a crouch. It was obvious that she had fallen asleep while studying. In all likelihood, I wondered, she had not finished studying the entire syllabus and had perhaps intended to rest her eyes for only five minutes. It reminded me of the time when I was in the exact same place, three years ago, reading the very constitutional provisions and case laws, curling up in my blanket, cursing myself for not having studied earlier. And I stared at her, unable to tear away my amused gaze, as I saw, much wiser today, only a few feet from me, a reflection of my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment