My rant blog.
I like ranting.
Noone's listening anyway.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Can't Breathe Easy.

It feels as if someone has pumped all the air out of my lungs.
I feel choked, something blocking my windpipe, some intangible thing.
The air goes in through my nose but just stops in my throat, forming a lump.
Tears running down my eyes, as I gasp for breath, some ground to rest my foot on.
I stop the tears but the lump keeps growing.
A cancerous growth that just refuses to go, blocking all the air from my respiration tract.
It keeps growing with every thought, and the constant reminder that you are not there anymore.
A growing knot in my chest, my lungs begin to ache.
The window and the world seem so far away.
I moan, I gulp, I try to stop the pain.
I grasp everything around me desperately, my nerves alert, trying hard to breathe.

But I just can't,
I can't breathe easy.

1 comment: